- I enjoy using tech to help make data driven production decisions. And strive for solutions that are simple but not always easy.
- Databases SQL: PostgreSQL
- Databases NoSQL: Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Data Warehouse: Redshift
- API Frameworks: GraphQL, Express, Restify
- Software: RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kubernetes, Docker
- Build systems: CircleCI, Jenkins
- Cloud: AWS, Heroku
Principal Engineer Sibi March 2018 - Current
- Built an event drive system for our ordering platform. That handles millions of dollars in revenue annually.
- Lead all aspects of engineering from DevOps to Data Engineering, including product delivery teams.
- Scaled an engineering team from a few engineers to over 20 direct reports.
- Successfully integrated many 3rd parties companies with our tech for order purchasing, inventory, products, etc.
- Emphasized resilient code and architecture by demonstrating good practices with code committed to production.
- Managed IT budgets , burn rates from hiring new employees to bringing on new clients.
- Advised our integration partners on how to effectively modernize their tech.
- Built a data ingestion platform using different tech including RedShift, Go, Kinesis and more.
Lead Software Engineer Remarkable Health January 2018 - April 2018
- Lead a team of engineers for building services in nodejs, from apis to services.
- Also, worked extensively with Kubernetes and Helm to build out scalable services. Comfortable with helm and charts and deploying different types of services.
- Worked on CI/CD with Jenkins build system, went from no CI/CD to full CI/CD.
Senior Software Engineer Demark Analytics October 2014-January 2018
- Responsible for backend services, features and deployments
- Schema Design for NoSQL database (Rethinkdb)
- Building APIs (Express, HapiJS, Resitfy, GraphQL)
- Realtime Data Communication (websockets, ws, nodejs)
- Continuous Integration of Micro Services(docker, jenkins)
- Writing comprehensive unit tests (ava)
- Distributed Services using RabbitMQ and Redis
Senior Consultant Neudesic August 2011 - October 2014
- Web developer for a food distributor, I helped create an order and inventory management app to help customers and sales reps be more efficient at managing their sales, orders and inventory. The internal site was very well received by both user types and the team worked directly with users to take feedback to deliver the best possible solution. My role was developing the internal web page, design, including fullstack development. Also, helped solve the problem of offline viewing of inventory of orders. Worked with the team to implement a node.js solution to several hundred users.
Consultant Sogeti April 2010 - August 2011
- The project was to upgrade to the new HIPAA 5010 standard, including merging all existing processes to the process. The team and I created a custom X12 parser to help read in the notoriously challenging X12 files. I integrated the current system with MQSC for reliable messaging but also integrated with legacy systems that ran IBM WebSphere. Working with custom xml schema in order to meet new standards provided additional challenges.
Operations Analyst 2Wire September 2007-April 2010
- Tasked to help management with development requests.
- Created a Call Timer app to be used across multiple call centers.
- Managing resources and working to obtain required Service Level Agreements across multiple lines of business.
- Created several reporting mechanisms for call center volume trends.
- Continual auditing functions against known data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Technical trainer for new hires.
- Created several web sites for internal metric contests.
Bachelors in Software Engineering Technology (2007-2010)